Sunday, November 2, 2008

Tech vs. Texas ~ A Battle for the Ages ~



College football doesn't get any better than it did last night. Wow! What a game! I so wish I could have been there to feel that electricity in Lubbock. Tech lead the whole game until the 4th quarter and they let Texas pull ahead by one point. I just knew it was over with like 8 seconds left on the clock. Tech has let this happen to them before, so many times. I had a sick feeling in my stomach. But no, what happened, Harrell and Crabtree connected for one more touchdown with 1 second left on the clock. 39-33. It's over and we've just got a year worth of bragging rights! YAY! I have never been more proud to call myself a Red Raider!

In a matter of seconds, seasons change. In a last-second dream drive, Texas Tech got its biggest win by upsetting No. 1 Texas. To that end, the Red Raiders have arrived on the national scene as the Longhorns fade. ~Ivan Maisel~

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a game!

Staci Danford said...

I watched it on tv. WOW... it was, with out a doubt, the greatest football game I've seen in a long long time. Colt McCoy is from my old high school, so I was wishing him well..... But, once a West Texas Gal, you just can't go against that.. So proud for Tech.. Made me want to be in college again, but only for a day. ha
Staci