Wednesday, January 21, 2009

My Baby is Three!!!!









Walker turned 3 on the 19th! The time has flown by, as any Mother would say. I'm not going to "sugar coat" it and tell you that it's been all grins and giggles....it's been sleepless nights, crying, whining, tantrums, screaming, kicking, and extreme frustration. And that's not even what Walker contributed. But, it has been the most fulfilling time in my life. Having someone who needs me, whether he likes or not, is the greatest feeling in the world. He is getting so big! And acting more and more like a big boy. He uses big words and he is completely potty-trained. He is riding a bike with training wheels. He is reciting the alphabet and he can count to 15. This may not seem like much, but we really think he's special ;)
We had his birthday party Saturday at McDonalds and it went great! He had an X-Men themed party, as this is his latest obsession. He loved his Wolverine cake! I was really bummed that I couldn't make it. I look forward to making it every year. Unfortunately I had finger surgery on the 5th and they still weren't healed enough for me to try to make it.

I lay in bed on the 19th at 11:42 pm, the moment Walker entered this world three years ago, overcome with emotion. I almost went and got in bed with Walker just so I could stare at him. I am amazed at how quickly the years have passed and now Wes and I are trying for another child. Getting pregnant with Walker was no easy task. We went through lots of trials before conceiving, but I am optimistic that 2009 will be the year for another baby. We will see!





2 comments:

Staci Danford said...

How precious.. I read this twice. I loved it. Of course made me cry.. Even though my big boy is 19 and I can remember so many wonderful, special moments in the growing up process.. I'd love to hold him at 3 years old again just once. How quickly time does go by. Your family is sooooooo lucky to have such a wonderful dedicated mom.
Staci

Aaron, Amber, & Raelye said...

Thanks for making me tear up! I already feel like time has flown by as Raelye will be 4 weeks old tomorrow. I love the pic with the little boy with the finger in his nose!