Monday, February 16, 2009

SHS Alumni Game

This weekend Wes participated in the Alumni game against the current Snyder Tiger baseball team. It was horribly cold and nasty weather for baseball, but Wes wasn't going to let that keep him from playing a sport he constantly wishes he could still play daily. Walker and I were able to sit in the stands for the first 4 innings and then we had to go sit in the truck because Walker already had a cough and I would just be a horrible Mother to keep him out in that.




Wes was amazing! He pitched just like he did in high school and college. The only difference in his game was that he couldn't run as fast. So when he did get a hit those young guys got him out before he ever reached 1st base ;)



He misses baseball terribly, and I miss watching him play. I was Wes's #1 fan throughout high school and college, still am. I would paint my face and make t-shirts with the #14 on them, and I even had some jewelry made with the #14 on it for high school and then the #19 on it for college. Us girlfriends would make road trips to all of the out-of-town games and we made memories that will last a lifetime. I wish I could go back and tell my younger self to enjoy this time and savor every little moment for the will pass too quickly. I would also tell myself to take more pictures! I so wish I had more pictures to document this very special time in our lives.


Walker got a huge kick out of watching his Daddy play baseball. We have actually not ever taken Walker to a baseball game before this one, that's sad I know. Walker was really a trooper too, because the game was right in the middle of his naptime and it went 12 innings! I was so ready to go, it was Valentine's Day after all.


So Wes is still sore from over-exerting himself this weekend. It didn't stop him from playing golf yesterday, which made it worse :( So now I don't feel sorry for him one bit. :)


It was nice to take a short trip back to our glory days and have Wes represent the Class of '99 well.

4 comments:

Courtney said...

These pictures are great. Tell him that he can come work on his game anytime at the Hit Zone!! :) We hope to open it up by Thursday. I will keep you updated! :) Have a great week Jen!

Jenny Wilson said...

Thanks Courtney! We are very excited about the Hit Zone! We will most definetly have to try it out!

Lindsey said...

So glad Wes got to do this!! Brings back many great memories of the old baseball days!! Once again, there you are out in the cold supporting your man!!

Jenny Wilson said...

It was like old days, except that I had a 3-year old sitting beside me under the blanket and not my fellow members of the "girlfriends club". ;) Good times, good memories! Love ya Lindz!