Friday, February 13, 2009

Yesterday I worked on treats for Walker's class all afternoon. I love to bake and this year I made Chocolate Chip Cookie Pops. My Aunt Peggy used to make these for us when we were kids and she would even dip them in chocolate and put sprinkles on them. I figured since I was making them for a bunch of 3 year olds I would omit that step. ;)




Walker really enjoyed eating a cookie on a stick and carried his all around the house last night.



When I was in school I always loved everything my Mom would make for me and my class on holidays, especially Valentine's. You remember when you used to make those Valentine "mailboxes" out of old shoe boxes and you would wrap in them in wrapping paper and decorate them? Then all your friends would put their Valentine cards in them, so FUN!




Well we didn't do those for Walker's class, I don't even know if anyone does those anymore?

Anywho, I find great joy in doing anything that will make Walker smile and this was definetly one of those things. I hope that he looks back fondly on these years and remembers every little detail, just like I do.

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

What a sweet momma you are!!! What a wonderful thing for Walker to look back on and remember!!

LauraLoo said...

Walkers is such a lucky kiddo to have such a patient & loving momma! AND yes mailbox valentine's boxes are still around! I made some with my kindergarten class! So fun & so cute! :)

---Laura

Courtney said...

If Walker is ever in my class, I will be sure to have them make the Valentine boxes! :) You are such a great mom. I agree with Laura, Walker is VERY lucky to have you. I heard Wes played pretty darn good at that baseball game the other day. My uncle and grandpa were impressed! Hope you have a great week! :)

Staci Danford said...

Walker doesn't know how lucky he is yet..... BUT he will.. You are wonderful, and precious to do those things. And I can tell you that looking back... THEY DO remember.
Staci